Sunday 15 May 2016

Whats inspiring me

Walk Demo Prt 1 from Joseph Merideth on Vimeo.

On BJ Crawfords blog I came across this post which is Joseph Meredith teaching at Columbia college in Chicago. It is fantastic! And I actually feel really put out that we didn't learn like this. Such a fundamental task as creating a good walk cycle and we had to learn it ourselves. I feel like I payed £8,500 to learn from youtube which I could have learnt at home. This teacher is amazing and I have learnt so much from it I just wish I found it earlier or our tutors had actually thought us like this. I feel my animation would have been so much stronger if I had more input like this. I now understand more about the numbering systems and how to position things etc. Its all well and good reading animation survival kit but my brain is the kind of brain that needs things fully explaining and giving examples all the way through like this. I am now following his vimeo and twitter and I hope to look through more of his videos and teach myself things properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment