Wednesday 18 May 2016

Blue Zoo


I still love Blue Zoo and its pretty clear why looking at that awesome showreel. They do a lot of childrens tv work but also some commercial stuff both 2D and 3D. Its in London so not a million miles away.


"Blue-Zoo Productions Ltd. is an award winning UK based computer animation studio. Founded in 2000 by Tom Box, Oli Hyatt, Adam Shaw and Nic Sims, it mainly produces content for TV broadcast. It is most well known for creating the children's animation series Blue Cow as part of the BBC series The Story Makers, and more recently its own children's comedy series Those Scurvy Rascals. As well as producing its own original series, it provides animation services for many other companies."

The company operates from a studio in Soho, London, where they have a team of 12 full-time staff and many freelance animators.
 It would be pretty cool to work here one day. the job going at the moment is a 2 year contract as a series animation editor. https://jobs.blue-zoo.co.uk/vacancy/details/13/series-animation-editor/
I don't think this is a role i am particularly interested in or qualified for but i am definitely going to keep checking their website.

I also currently follow them on twitter. I love seeing what they're up to. They often post about jobs and even just small jobs like not long ago there was a tweet asking for a junior editor to help out for a few days. That would be cool if i could start like that.I also follow them on instagram as it gives a more visual sense of who they are as a compony.

They are having an event soon talking about the compony which would be good to go to but unfortunately i won't be able to make it https://london.siggraph.org/event/blue-zoo-animation-studio/
I would love to go on a studio tour at some point though. It looks like a great studio to work at. I mean ...who wouldn't want surprise breakfast burritos?!

I think after my 6 months of learning more stuff, this is where i want to do my internship as they do them every year. one going this summer is a character animator internship working on childrens tv shows...how perfect is that?! but i really need to improve my skills before this so fingers crossed they have the same one next year! its 6 weeks earning £300 a week which is ace as most internships aren't payed. However if i decide i definitely don't want to do 3d then I probably won't go for this. I want to improve my skills all round though so we will see!
https://jobs.blue-zoo.co.uk/vacancy/details/20/character-animator-internship/

No comments:

Post a Comment