Saturday 14 May 2016

Future

I sent The Journey Man a link to my animation and he seems really impressed with it! here is what he said: 

Sam - I have just watched the animation. It's fantastic! I love what you have done with the story - the characterisations, the music, the colours, the fitting together of the vocals - I am very impressed. Thank you so much for getting in touch to invite me to be part of this project. I don't think anything needs to be changed from my perspective. It's a really tight and fun piece of work. I hope you get what you need from this both in regards to your grading and further work. I will put a link to this immediately from my Facebook page and also eventually from my website. However, I would like to talk to you more about some further projects. It might be worth us having a phone conversation some time soon.

I will definitely be back in touch, but for now, let me again say thank you and well done, before I watch the film again :-)


What an awesome response is that!? I was so thrilled to read how happy he was with it and that he still wants to work with me in the future! Its something that i would really love to do as i thoroughly enjoyed this project so to get paid to do something similar again would just be amazing! 

As for funding he said he would look into it when we first spoke but i think it would be worth looking myself.

There is screen yorkshire http://www.screenyorkshire.co.uk/investment/yorkshire-content-fund/  which offers between £10,000 and £500,000 but usually no more than 10% of the total production budget and their investment must be matched on identical terms with an equivalent amount of private sector investment. I believe that means we would have to get the same amount of funding from somewhere else in order for screen yorkshire to give us theirs. But after I leave uni neither of us will be in yorkshire so i don't think we would even qualify.

There is something call AIR (animator in residence) where they are basically a museum exhibit being watched develop their idea in bradford museum of photography. When they are done the proposal is sent to channel 4 who usually commission the film. This sounds pretty interesting but I'm not sure it would work as I am collaborating for mine and I don't think he would like to sit in a museum as he actually has a life.

On an international level there is the Women in Film Finishing Fund http://womeninfilm.org/film-finishing-fund/
"The Women In Film Finishing Fund gives grants to filmmakers working in both short and long formats, in all genres — narrative, documentary, animated and experimental. To apply for the Finishing Fund, the filmmaker must have completed 90% of principal photography and have a rough cut at the time of application. You do not have to be a Women In Film member to apply, and we encourage applications from around the world."
I think i could qualify for this and therefore apply when we had our next project planned/nearly complete. However I think it would be better to get funding from the beginning. Still an idea though, closest one so far!


So there are things about its just a case of finding them and makings are we fit the criteria.




No comments:

Post a Comment