Saturday 14 May 2016

Animate CC

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/animate/features.html

I think I really want to trial animate CC as it think it may solve some issues I have with photoshop. For one it think my lifework will be better as a) you can play with the line after you have drawn it and b) its a vector so it won't look bad blown up. I think now they have changed it it will be easier to navigate and I am looking forward to that. There are many features on here that look very interesting including being able to tag a colour and change it throughout the whole composition. That would be SO cool and so much easier!It also has a HTML 5 canvas template which looks super exciting!
I am really looking forward to giving this a go!In fact...im going to have a look right now!
I decided to use a tutorial as i find this really helps to get the hang of software instead of looking around blindly they actually tell you about stuff.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SD9NbRbhhw it was actually a really good tutorial. great pace and very informative.












Here is what I made! (using his assets)



Overall I think this software has a lot of potential and is actually relatively simple to use with the option to make it more complicated. I think a good step from here would to be to do another tutorial then create my own character and attempt to animate it with no tutorial. I think if i am able to get the hang of it, it will make animating a lot easier for things where you don't have time to animate frame by frame. Its also great for web based things and can create cool looping gifs for websites etc. This is what I would consider low cost animation and a lot of companies may choose to use it so learning it will be of great benefit to me. It also means I can offer clients something more within their budget. I think my FMP would have been done in a lot less time if i had of used this and the lines would be much cleaner. Although i did want it to be frame by frame. I do love how this does your in-betweens for you. Yes I am pleasantly surprised and glad I gave it a go. I will definitely make the most of my free trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment