Wednesday 18 May 2016

Flag

One of my live briefs is to design a flag. This flag will be using in camp sites to locate the tent. This group of people have a special "gps" they use when in are groups. They put their hand up in the 'naked emu' form and find each others hands. So they want to incorporate this on a flag. These men have an army background so are quite patriotic so I decided to use a union jack in the back. I made it slightly faded though to make the hand more visible. I also did a grey and white one to show they can have a 2 tone one whatever colour they want. I am waiting to hear back on their opinions.
I have done this in illustrator so that when it comes time to print it shouldn't pixilliate no matter the size of the flag. This one was done at 40 inches x 25 inches. I think the thicker line on the monotone one would also work on the union jack to make it pop. There are simple fixes for when I hear back what they like/dislike but they basically said whatever you make is fine so in my opinion I have two finalised designs.


Here is the  flag with the thicker lines. it really does make it pop more.


No comments:

Post a Comment